Car Washing

Firedog

New member
Founding Fuel
Should we be using something “special” to wash a black Tesla Y? I tried washing it tonight and it did not come out very good using a Mr. Clean car wash soap.
 
I use a touchless car soap, Bilt-Hamber Touch-Less Pre-wash and then Bilt-Hamber Auto Foam. I put the first one through a foam cannon and then hand wash the second with a through clear water rinse at the end. Blow dry most of the water droplets off and finish up with a hand dry with a Gyeon Soft Dryer towel. Works perfect on my old black sapphire '08 BMW 750i which has considerably nicer paint then Tesla uses but that was horrible to get the spots off before I tried this method. This method works a treat on the way easier pearl white of my Model 3. Seems a bit much I admit, but the side benefit is that the Bilt-Hamber wash products are also a bit anti-corrosive which really helps in the seaside environment that my cars live in.
 
I got my car ceramic coated PPF on the front of the car but ceramic coated on the rest I use chemical guys low pH soap in a foam gun and then I use a microfiber towel to dry it and in between when it’s not that dirty. I just hose it off with water blow it off with a leaf blower and then use a microfiber towel and it comes out really good I only use soap when it’s very dusty from the landscapers. My car is black also diamond black I think they call it. It’s got sparkles in. It looks beautiful in the sun.
 
Back
Top